In the process of obtaining a visa, a foreign national presents a valid travel medical insurance policy.
The policy must cover the following costs:
- the costs of urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment in the case of an illness;
- costs of repatriation in the event of death.
For a short-stay visa:
- a foreign national presents a travel medical insurance policy valid in all Schengen Member States
- the policy should have a minimum coverage of 30,000 EUR.
If a foreign national will enter Latvia one or two times, they shall present a travel medical insurance policy covering the whole intended period of the stay. Where a foreign national applies for a multiple-entry visa, they shall present a policy covering the first period of their stay.
For a long-stay visa:
- a foreign national presents a travel medical insurance policy valid in the Republic of Latvia and other Schengen Member States
- the policy should have the minimum coverage of 42,600 EUR.