- Passport or other travel document:
- the date of issuance should be within the past ten years;
- be valid at least three months beyond the date on which you intend to leave the Schengen territory;
- containing at least two empty pages on which visas can be affixed.
- A visa application form (online visa application form) completed and signed by the applicant
- One colour photograph (35mm x 45mm)
- Travel medical insurance policy valid for all of the Schengen Member States and covering the entire period of the foreign national’s intended visit in the Schengen area
- A visa fee for processing the visa application.
- documents indicating the purpose of the journey
- documents showing your accommodation in Latvia or offering proof of sufficient means to cover accommodation expenses
- documents indicating that the applicant possesses sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay in Latvia and for the return to their country of origin or residence, or for transit to a third country into which they are certain to be admitted, or that they can legally acquire such means
- information that enables assessment of the applicant’s intention to leave the territory of the Schengen states before the expiry of their visa
- if a foreign national applies for a Schengen visa for transit they should possess a visa for the country they are going to after leaving the territory of the Schengen states. The only exception is when the foreign national does not require a visa to enter the country of final destination.
Provision of biometric data (fingerprints) when applying for a visa
When applying for a Schengen visa, the applicants are required to provide their biometric data (fingerprints). If the applicant’s biometric data have already been collected by a diplomatic/consular mission of a Schengen state during the past five years, there is no need to provide them again.
Adequate means of financial subsistence for a foreign national who is entering Latvia with or without a visa:
- no less than EUR 14 for each day of stay, if the duration of the intended stay in Latvia does not exceed 30 days;
- not less than EUR 500 (the minimum monthly wage in Latvia), if the duration of the intended stay in Latvia exceeds 30 days;
Means of financial subsistence no less than EUR 1076/month (according to the latest information published by the Central Statistics Bureau), or the average gross monthly earnings in Latvia, if a foreign national is submitting an application for a visa and a work permit concerning employment.