The following documents shall be presented to apply for a visa:
1. Passport or other travel document:
- issued within the previous ten years,
- with a period of validity extending at least three months past that of the visa applied for,
- containing at least two blank pages for affixing visas.
3. two colour photos (35mm x 45mm),
4. bank account statement for the last 3 months,
5. Travel medical insurance policy valid for the all Schengen Member States and covering the entire period of the foreign national’s intended visit in the Schengen Member States.
When lodging an application, the applicant shall pay a visa fee for processing their application or produce a proof that the visa fee has been paid.
If foreign national applies for a Schengen transit visa, they have to hold a valid visa for the state that they intend to enter after leaving the Schengen Member States, except when the country of their destination does not require an entry visa for the foreign national.
In addition, the applicant also has to provide the following supporting documents:
1. documents indicating the purpose of the journey;
2. documents in relation to the accommodation in Latvia or a proof of sufficient means to cover the accommodation expenses;
3. documents indicating that the applicant possesses sufficient means of subsistence:
- both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to applicants country of origin or residence,
- or for the transit to a third country into which the applicant is certain to be admitted,
- or that the applicant is in a position to acquire such means lawfully,
4. information that enables to assess the applicant’s intention to leave the territory of the Schengen states before the expiry of the visa applied for.
Concerning an exhaustive list of supporting documents, please contact specifically the diplomatic or consular mission of Latvia where the foreign national intends to apply for a visa.
Supporting documents when applying for a visa to Latvia at the diplomatic or consular mission of another Schengen Member State:
When applying for a visa to Latvia at the diplomatic or consular mission of another Schengen Member state representing Latvia in issuing Schengen visas, please be aware of the following:
- a translation in English or in the language of the state whose mission is in charge of issuing the visa must be attached to the documents in Latvian,
- an invitation letter approved by the Office of Migration of Citizenship Affairs of the Republic of Latvia should be submitted in paper form at the relevant mission. The inviting party will be provided with an invitation in paper form, if the respective diplomatic mission of another Schengen Member state is indicated as the location to apply for the visa. The original of the invitation issued to the inviting party, shall be forwarded to the applicant.