(+998) 71 237 0851 (15:00-16:00)
Territorial competence of the Consular Section
In accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations of the Republic of Latvia No. 725 of 03.08.2010 and other legislative acts, the following categories of persons can apply for consular services at the Embassy of Latvia in Uzbekistan: all Latvian passport holders and their family members; all residents of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Afghanistan in order to apply for a short-term visa to the Republic of Latvia (length of stay – until 90 days in any 180 days’ period); residents of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan in order to apply for long-term visas (stay over 90 days in any 180 days’ period) or temporary residence permit.
Visa applications under COVID-19 pandemic
The Embassy of Latvia in Uzbekistan on 1 October 2020 resumes provision of consular services using electronic appointment system.
In order to book an appointment to receive a consular service at the Embassy you have to follow this link. Attention: the appointment schedule is being regularly updated, with time slots being added or modified. If no appointment is free at the moment, please, try again later.
In order to book an appointment for submission of visa application at VFS Global visa centre you have to follow this link.
Currently, only those visa and residence permit requests are accepted that are related to the interests of the Republic of Latvia or humanitarian circumstances. Consequently, the citizens and permanent residents of Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan can lodge a visa or residence permit application with the Embassy of Latvia if they belong to one of the following categories:
- international road carriers, holders of a seaman’s book;
- family members of Latvian citizens (regardless of citizenship - spouses, children under the age of 21 years, persons who are under guardianship or dependent);
- Person’s due to a serious illness or due to the funeral of a close relative;
- employees and specialists who have confirmation letter from LIAA;
- athletes, sports professionals, as well as representatives of international sports organizations, whose arrival in Latvia is related to participation in an international sports event organized by a sports federation or its member recognized in accordance with the procedures specified in the Sports Law. Athletes who plan to enter on the basis of an employment contract need to present a LIAA confirmation letter;
full-time students and participants of exchange programs of second or subsequent year of studies, except students of the first semester of the first study year (bachelor and master programmes), subject to a written confirmation from a Higher Education Institution or a college about the student's matriculation and the organization of the educational process in person, issued after 27.10.2020;
- foreign nationals traveling to Latvia with the aim of medical tourism, in case of obtaining a certificate issued by the Health Directorate of the Republic of Latvia;
- artists traveling to Latvia with the aim of participation at cultural events, in case of obtaining a letter from the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Latvia.