Registration of the current place of residence

18.02.2020. 21:12

According to the Population Register Law you have an obligation to notify the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs of your and your children’s address of residence abroad if residing there exceeds three months. It is also necessary to notify within 30 days if the address of foreign residence is changed.

To notify of the address of the place of residence in the USA, please send to the Embassy of Latvia by mail the following:

  1. application;
  2.  copy of the passport data page;
  3.  free form application with a text on it: “I, name, surname, agree that my data will be used in order to receive a consular service. Date and signature”.

    Please send the documents to the address:

    Embassy of Latvia

    2306 Massachusetts Avenue NW

    Washington, DC 20008

    You can also provide information about your and your children’s address of the place of residence in the USA via portal or by sending an application by mail directly to the Personal Status Control Division of the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs.

    In case of questions please contact the Consular Division of the Embassy by e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or by telephone for consultations: (202) 328-2877 (from Tuesday until Friday from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm Eastern time).