The process for requesting a passport at the Portable Passport Station is the same as at the Embassy of Latvia in Washington, D.C.
Passport applications can only be processed if the applicant´s personal data (e.g. name, date/place of birth and citizenship) are correct and up-to-date in the Population Register of Latvia. E.g. a name change due to marriage or a child born outside of Latvia shall be registered in the Population Register of the Republic of Latvia before submitting the passport application. More information: http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=226537&search=on.
A passport must be applied for in person. An appointment is required by the Embassy of Latvia and every applicant will be assigned a specific appointment time.
- APPLICATION form (to be filled out in Latvian);
2. Copy of the old passport (expired or soon-to-expire);
3. Application regarding address in the US;
4. Copy of a document proving your permanent residence in the U.S (US passport, permanent resident card, work authorization, US visa, I-94 or I-20 forms, etc.);
5. Copy of a birth certificate if applying for the first time;
6. A person under the age of 15 shall be issued a passport upon request of parent or custodian who holds Latvian citizenship.
While visiting the Portable Passport Station, the originals of the above-mentioned documents must be submitted or presented.
The passport fee can be paid only by debit or credit card.
Prices for a passport and ID card at the Portable Passport Station:
- passport only - 115 EUR
- passport and the ID card – 120 EUR
- passport for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 6 months - 100 EUR
- passport and the ID card for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 6 months – 105 EUR
- ID card only - 100 EUR
- ID card only for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 6 months - 90 EUR.
The fee includes the cost of shipment of the passport/ID card with FedEx. An additional fee of EUR 25 will be applied to request ID card with the electronic signature certificate.
Average processing time for a new passport or ID card is 8 weeks.
Please note: the Embassy of Latvia in Washington, D.C. reserves the right to cancel/reschedule the passport journey or delay delivery due to technical reasons.