Vasilevskij ostrov, 10 linija, 11, St. Petersburg,
Russian Federation (map)
Telephone in Cases of Emergency:
appointment for consular services: here
appointment for visa issues +7 812 44 937 70
+ 371 26 33 77 11 (24/7)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
from 8.30 till 17.00
Information regarding the Declaration of a State of Emergency in Latvia
The Government of the Republic of Latvia has declared a State of Emergency throughout the country from 12 March 2020 to 14 April 2020 to restrict the spread of COVID-19. While the State of Emergency is in effect, a number of rules have been established and these include:
- Travellers from COVID-19 affected countries arriving in Latvia must observe special precautionary measures in accordance with instructions issued by the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (SPKC):
- Entering self-quarantine and monitoring of one’s personal health for 14 days after entry from a COVID-19 affected area; taking one’s body temperature at least twice daily is recommended;
- Person should avoid contact with other persons;
- In case the symptoms appear (cough, sore throat and/or shortness of breath) within 14 days after leaving COVID-19 affected area, the person should call the Emergency Medical Service immediately (dial 113 in Latvia).
- All public events involving more than 200 people have been cancelled or postponed;
- All events and performances of the Latvian National Opera and Ballet and theatres have been cancelled or rescheduled;
- All national museums have been closed;
- All universities and schools are closed and distance learning will be implemented;
- Training, competitions and rehearsals held within the framework of cultural, sports and educational programmes are to be cancelled or postponed;
- The attendance to pre-schools continues but with certain conditions in place;
- The state and local government institutions have limited the availability of on-site services.
Due to the expansion of coronavirus (COVID-19) as of March 13, 2020 until further notice the General Consulate will provide only those consular services that can be received remotely. Visa applications will not be accepted until April 14.
Visa applicants who plan to visit Latvia after April 14 may submit the visa application without an appointment at the visa center "Pony Express", http://www.pony-visa.com/en/, Marata street 86, "Планета Нептун", 2nd floor, St. Petersburg.