On 6th August, the Chief of Protocol of Canada, Steward Wheeler, received hand-crafted face masks for fellow Canadian diplomats made by Ināra Eihenbauma, spouse of the Latvian Ambassador to Canada.
Since March, Ināra has been working on a charity project: sewing and donating homemade face masks as her personal contribution against COVID-19. Her face masks are reusable and designed with washability in mind.
So far, she's managed to sew face masks for:
• all of the staff of the Latvian embassy in Ottawa,
• some colleagues and family members of other embassies in Canada,
• Ottawa Latvian seniors,
• Ottawa Latvian school parents and kids,
• the Christ’s Garden nursing home (with matching medical caps) in Toronto,
• the Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre in Ottawa,
• as well as for family and friends in Canada, the USA, The Netherlands, Belgium, and Latvia.