A residence permit is necessary if a foreigner is willing to reside in the Republic of Latvia for a period of time exceeding 90 days within half a year counting from the first day of entrance.
A residence permit is issued by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs in Latvia (OCMA).
Citizens of third countries who are residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland can submit the documents at the Embassy of Latvia in London.
Please find information regarding needed documents and requirements on the webpage of OCMA as well as pricelist - http://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/home/services/pricelist/
Consular fee for the document submission at the Embassy is 110 EUR (PAYABLE BY VISA, VISA ELECTRON, MAESTRO, MASTER CARD ONLY), or 80 EUR:
- if the documents are submitted with a temporary residence application for the spouse of a citizen of Latvia, a non-citizen of Latvia and a foreigner who has received a permanent residence permit, his or her minor child or a person under guardianship or trusteeship, as well as for a pupil of an accredited educational institution or a full-time student;
- if the documents are submitted with a permanent residence application for a foreigner who is a minor child of a citizen of Latvia, non-citizen of Latvia or of a foreigner who has received a permanent residence permit, or who had been a citizen of Latvia or non-citizen of Latvia prior to obtaining another citizenship.
Residence permit application processing time starts at the moment the application is received at OCMA in Riga not from the moment the documents have been submitted at the Embassy.
Documents required when applying for a D-type visa (residence permit visa) when the applicant has received positive answer for residence permit from the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs:
- visa application form completed and signed by the applicant.
- Valid passport.
- 1 size colour photo (35mmx45mm).
- Travel medical Insurance for 30 days.
- Visa fee (for payment method and amount contact Consulate)
If any information remained unclear, this is the option to ask your question by filling out the form below