- From January 1st, 2021, persons who have reached the age of 15 are obliged to receive an eID card when they receive a passport. If a person already has a valid eID card, it is not necessary to renew it.
- When arriving at the Embassy, be sure to bring your Israeli Darkon and Latvian passport.
- !!! IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
- CONSULAR SECTION – RECEPTION HOURS
- CONSULAR ASSISTANCE IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
- WHERE TO REQUEST DOCUMENTS ISSUED IN LATVIA
- SCHENGEN VISAS
- CONSULAR DEPARTMENT INFO AND HOLIDAYS
Additional information in the Menu on the right side of the screen under the heading "Consular Information".
In order to stop the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, a number of epidemiological safety measures are still in place in Latvia.
Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 360. “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection”: the persons in the categories of exceptions referred to in paragraph 37, as well as persons with residence permits, are allowed to enter (from third countries) across the air border.
Traveling to Latvia: https://www.latvia.travel/en/article/covid-19-and-travelling-latvia
RIX Riga Airport: https://www.riga-airport.com/covid-19-biezak-uzdotie-jautajumi
Attention: The applications for Residence Permits, and Visas are not accepted.
שימו לב! בקשות להיתרי שהייה ואשרות כניסה אינן מתקבלות.
Внимание! Заявления на получение вида на жительство и визы не принимаются.
If you have any questions regarding crossing the Latvian border, you are welcome to contact the Latvian Border Guards 🛂 who work 24/7. http://rs.gov.lv/?setlang=1 +371-67075616 ☎️
Если у вас возникли вопросы относительно пересечения латвийской границы, вы можете связаться с латвийской пограничной службой 🛂, которая работает круглосуточно и без выходных.http://rs.gov.lv/?setlang=1 +371-67075616 ☎️
במידה ויש לכם שאלות לגבי מעבר לגבולות לטביה, אנא צרו קשר עם משמר הגבול הלטבי🛂 שעובד 24/7.http://rs.gov.lv/?setlang=1 ☎️ +371-67075616
Attention! From October 12, 2020, persons must fill in an electronic questionnaire before entering the Republic of Latvia. Electronic questionnaires will be available from any smart device and can be filled in on a special website covidpass.lv. Completion of the certificate is mandatory for all travelers, and it must be completed no earlier than 48 hours before crossing the border of the Republic of Latvia. More information is available here.
Due to emergency situation entrance to Latvia from foreign countries, including Israel, are allowed for the following groups of persons:
+ Family members of Latvian citizens (spouses, children under the age of 21, persons under guardianship or dependence);
Visa applications are accepted from the above categories of travelers only.
Submissions to the Consular Section of the Embassy takes place in accordance with the following conditions:
● consular submission takes place only by prior online registration;
!!! PLEASE CHECK THE LATEST TRAVEL RESTRICTION UPDATES AT:
CONSULAR SECTION – RECEPTION HOURS:
1. Submission of Documents (with an ONLINE appointment only):
Monday and Tuesday 10:00–12:00
2. Issuance of Documents (Call for an appointment):
1. A document issuance DOES NOT require an online appointment, but for your convenience, please, check by phone if the Consular Section is open (especially, if you travel from afar).
2. Documents are submitted and issued during the Consular Section’s reception hours ONLY.
An appointment for consular reception to submit documents is available ONLINE only: https://pieraksts.mfa.gov.lv/en/israel
CONSULAR ASSISTANCE IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
In case of emergency situation call to the following phones:
- During working hours 9:00–17:00
The Embassy of Latvia to Israel: +972 3 777 58 00
Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia: +371 67015905
- During non-working hours
Emergency assistance phone of the Embassy of Latvia to Israel: +972 54 4558995
Emergency service hotline of the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia: +371 26 337 711
EMERGENCY SITUATIONS' LIST:
- Loss of travel document;
- Detention or arrest;
- Illness or accident;
- Criminal offence;
- Relief and repatriation in a large-scale crisis;
- Establishment of out-of-family care or adoption.
Latvian nationals having an emergency in a country without a Latvian mission can receive consular assistance at the diplomatic/consular mission of any other EU Member State. Detailed information about the diplomatic/consular missions of EU Member States abroad you can find on the website of the European Commission.
In emergency situations abroad the local authorities are responsible also for foreign nationals staying in the country.
In order to receive urgent assistance, contact the rescue authorities of Israel:
- Ministry of Health Corona hotline: *5400
- Police: 100
- Medical Assistance: 101
- Fire and Rescue Service: 102
- Home Front Command: 104
- National Emergency Management Authority: +972 3 6977229
NB!!! In large-scale crisis follow the local media and observe the instructions provided by the local authorities.
WHERE TO REQUEST DOCUMENTS ISSUED IN LATVIA:
- Civil Registry Office – documents and references
Address: Aleksandra Čaka iela 38a, Rīga, LV-1011, Latvija
- Courts or notaries: Judgments of the Court on divorce etc.
- Certificates of seniority, pension etc.: The National Archives of Latvia
Address: Šķūņu ielā 11, Rīgā, LV-1050
- Certificates of data from the Population Register: OCMA The Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs
Address: Čiekurkalna 1. līnija 1, k-3, LV-1026, Rīga
LIST OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANTS FOR SHORT STAY SCHENGEN VISA IN ISRAEL
I. General requirements for all visa applicants
1. Proof of accommodation in the Member State of destination: hotel booking for the whole duration of the stay in the Member State if accommodation is not provided by host or official form/invitation letter confirming accommodation by the host.
2. Proof of solvency or any evidence of income confirming that they cover all costs related to travel and stay: bank statements for the last three months, and/or copies of salary slips of the last three months and/or a letter of invitation by the company/institution.
3. Proof of residence rights stay in Israel valid for a minimum of three months after the intended departure from the territory of the Member States should be presented.
4. Information about travel arrangements: return flight booking with intended dates of travel.
5. Proof of studies/retirement/employment with a confirmation of the possibility to return to work. The person signing the proof should be identified by name and surname, position and contact details.
II. Documents to be submitted depending on the purpose of the visit
- a. Business visit
Signed invitation from the company in the Member State including the full name of the applicant, the purpose of the visit, who will cover travel and accommodation costs, the company’s contact details. Job description and dates of the visits should be explicitly stated in the letter from the sponsor company.
- b. Visit of a friend/relative
Signed invitation from a friend/relative including full name of the applicant, the purpose and duration of the visit, address during the stay in the Member State (contact details of the host).
- c. Seminar/course/scientific, cultural, sports or religious events
Signed invitation from the organising authority of the event, including the applicants full name, the purpose of the visit, address during the stay in the Member State, who will cover travel and accommodation costs, contact details of the organising authority.
III. Minors travelling alone or with only one parent/legal guardian
The consent of the parents/legal guardians should be required only if the minor travels alone or with only one parent.
STATE FEES for processing visa applications:
- Short-term visa (C category) – 80 EUR
- Short-term visa (C category) for minors from age 6 until the age of 12 – 40 EUR
Payment is admissible by bank card ONLY!
The fee for processing visa application is non-refundable in case of refusal.
C category visa application fee for the citizens covered by the Visa Facilitation agreements:
- For Russian and Ukrainian citizens:
ordinary procedure – 35 EUR
urgent procedure – 70 EUR
- For the citizens of Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and North Macedonia – 35 EUR
CONSULAR DEPARTMENT INFO
Phone: +972 3 777 58 00
Call on: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays – from 9:00 to 17:00
Fax: +972 3 695 31 01
|THE EMBASSY OBSERVES LATVIAN HOLIDAYS|
|1st January||New Year's Day|
|*||Good Friday, Easter and Easter Monday|
|1st May||Labour Day|
|4th May||Declaration of Independence Day|
|23rd June||Midsummer Eve|
|24th June||John's Day|
|18th November||Latvian National Day|
|24th, 25th and 26th December||Christmas|
|31st December||New Year's Eve|