To register Latvian citizenship to a child born in the USA, please submit to the Embassy of Latvia by mail (address: 2306 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20008) the following documents:
2. Original of the child’s birth certificate (document has to be certified with Apostille at the Office of the Secretary of State which issued the document);
3. Copies of both parents' passports (data page only);
4. Free form application with text on its: “I, name, surname, agree that my data will be used in order to receive a consular service. Date and signature”;
5. Copy of child’s US passport’s data page (if such has been issued);
6. Consular fee 50 USD (Money Order only, made out to the Embassy of Latvia);
7. Prepaid envelope with your home address or for sending back the original documents to your specified address in the USA a Money Order in the amount of 30 USD via Federal Express or in the amount of 20 USD for registered mail.
After the citizenship has been granted, the child is eligible to receive a Latvian passport.
Since October 1, 2014 the Citizenship law of Latvia allows dual citizenship with the USA and other NATO countries, all EU and EEA member state countries, Australia, Brazil and New Zealand.