The process for requesting a passport at the Portable Passport Station is the same as at the Embassy of Latvia in Washington, D.C.
Passport applications can only be processed if the applicant´s personal data (e.g. name, date/place of birth and citizenship) are correct and up-to-date in the Population Register of Latvia. E.g. name change due to marriage or a child born outside of Latvia shall be registered in the Population Register of the Republic of Latvia before submitting the passport application. More information: http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=226537&search=on.
A passport shall be applied for in person. An appointment is required by the Embassy of Latvia and every applicant will be assigned a specific appointment time.
- APPLICATION form (to be filled out in Latvian):
- Copy of the old passport (expired or soon-to-expire);
- Copy of document proving your permanent residence in the U.S;
- Copy of birth certificate if applying for the first time;
- Copy of the confirmation letter received from the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs of the Republic of Latvia granting the citizenship of Latvia if applying for the first time;
While visiting the Portable Passport Station, the originals of the above-mentioned documents must be submitted. Please bring with you the following additional documents:
- For a person under the age of 15, an identity document is required from the parent or custodian who holds the Latvian citizenship;
- Passport fee can be paid only by debit or credit card.
Prices for a passport and ID card at the Portable Passport Station:
- passport only - 113.46 EUR
- passport and the ID card – 120.57 EUR
- passport for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 3 months - 99.23 EUR
- passport and the ID card for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 3 months – 106.34 EUR
- ID card only - 99.23 EUR
- ID card only for persons under the age of 20 and persons over the age of 63 and 3 months - 92.11 EUR.
Passport and ID card will be dispatched to your mailing address by FedEx (fee in the amount of 30 EUR already included).
Please note: the Embassy of Latvia in Washington, D.C. reserves the right to cancel/reschedule the passport journey or delay delivery due to technical reasons.