Contacts for the Press
For contacts: phone: (+371) 67016117, mobile phone: 26655595, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Press and Information Division of the Information and Public Relations Department is in charge of co-operation with the media and provides:
- Information on the work of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and on current matters in foreign policy;
- Interviews with the Foreign Ministry officials;
- press conferences, briefings, and seminars for the media;
- dissemination of press statements and photographs;
- permanent accreditation of the foreign media representatives for work in Latvia.
Press conferences Press conferences are held in the press conference hall on the first floor of the MFA building. The press conference hall provides: See more on: flickr.com
Press conferences are held in the press conference hall on the first floor of the MFA building.
The press conference hall provides:
See more on: flickr.com
Photographs of the events in the Foreign Ministry and the embassies of Latvia abroad are available for viewing and downloading on the MFA flickr.com account. When making use of photographs, the downloader must indicate their author.
Accreditation of the Foreign Media
The Press and Information Division performs accreditation of representatives from foreign media for work in Latvia. Permanent accreditation is required for a journalist permanently residing and working in Latvia or regularly (several times a month) or arriving in Latvia to create news items or articles on the current processes in Latvia.
- Procedure for permanent accreditation of foreign media in Latvia
- List of foreign journalists accredited in Latvia in 2013
For media inquiries:
Media are requested to send their questions to the Press and Information Division by e-mail: email@example.com
Contact telephone: (371) 67016 272
Telefax: (371) 67222 335
For the Attention of the Media
- Italy's Minister Paolo Gentiloni will be symbolically handing the Torch of the EU Presidency to Latvia [20 Dec 2014]
- The Foreign Minister of Kyrgyzstan to Visit Latvia [18 Dec 2014]
- EU Foreign Ministers Discuss Developments in Syria and Iraq [15 Dec 2014]
- Foreign Ministry Political Consultations in Moscow [15 Dec 2014]
- Serbia’s Foreign Minister to Visit Latvia [10 Dec 2014]