- In case of an emergency, accident, or criminal offence call 112. You will be connected to the required service: fire-department, police, or ambulance
TAKE CARE OF NUMBER ONE
- Be careful in contact with all casual acquaintances
- Avoid suspicious deals or transactions
DON'T GET BARRED
- Ask for a price list before ordering. Make it quite clear, when ordering, what exactly you want from the price list
- Pay in cash with euros, after each order
- If paying by credit card, check the total. Request a receipt or document which confirms your payment
- Use a marked taxi with recognizable yellow TX number plates, distinctive colour and other identification signs. Insist on the meter being on
- Beware of pickpockets
- The 24-hour TOURIST HOTLINE is: 220 33 000
DON'T LEAN AGAINST THE LAW IN LATVIA
- Smoking in public spaces and places is against the law.
- Possession of an open bottle of alcoholic beverage in public places (including on the street, and in parks) in Riga is against the law
- Being highly intoxicated in a public place is against the law
- Swearing, harassment, disturbing of the peace or other forms of petty hooliganism in public spaces is against the law
- Driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol is against the law
- Non-compliance with a police officer's legitimate request is against the law
- Resistance to arrest or the assault of a representative of public authority is against the law.
- The acquisition and/or possession of narcotic substances is against the law
- Any violation of the laws of the Republic of Latvia is against the law
- Ignorance of the law does not release an individual from personal responsibility.
IN AN EMERGENCY – DIAL 112
These recommendations for your well-being while visiting Latvia are endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and Latvian State Police.